Eikaiwa--Discussing Japan in English Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Eikaiwa--Discussing Japan in English » Yahoo! BB and BBPhone » Trouble-shooting Yahoo! BB » Disconnecting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Disconnecting
jojimmyz
Member # 1595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jojimmyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see alot of people have a problem with YahooBB just disconnecting on them....but there is no real anwser...

Every about 5 min or so, i get disconnected for 20 seconds or so...then get re-connected...im not on wireless, so its not that. Its happened ever since i got YahooBB about 2 months ago. Anything i should do? I have a VOIP phone and it does the same thing..it will cut out...HELP!!

Jason

Posts: 5 | From: Sasebo | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimmie
Administrator
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello:

A few of those having the "now it's on; now it's off" type problem have been able to track the interference to some electrical device nearby that was turning on and off and obstructing the connection.

Such things are very difficult to find and generally hard or impossible to correct when found so it is hard to be optimstic about fixing it.

There are things you can check, however. One is to determine whether the gas company has a 'keiho-ki' (warning device) installed at your location. This is a device that is attached to the phone line and causes interference with the ADSL signal.

You can check by calling the gas company (probably in Japanese). Just give them your account number and ask there is a keiho-ki. They get lots of such calls and will know if there is one or not and will be able to remove or change the device.

Also, building intercom and security systems can cause trouble. Ask your building manager if they can contact the security system to make changes so ADSL will work. If your building intercom interfers, the only solution is probably to install another telephone line that doesn't share wires with the intercom system.

In some cases, there is no solution because the problem is simply that the location is too far from the ADSL server to function.

Another solution, if the above do not help, is to switch from Yahoo! BB to another company such as Flet's. That can sometimes fix it because the ADSL system that Flet's uses is slightly different from YBB and it may not be affected in that particular situation.

If you decide you want to try Flet's,let me know as I can arrange that for you.

Jimmie

[ July 10, 2006, 06:23: Message edited by: Jimmie ]

Posts: 2223 | From: St. Petersburg, Florida | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home | Privacy Statement

All content posted to eikaiwa.net (except material already protected by copyright) is copyright by eikaiwa.net.
The eikaiwa.net copyright is subordinate to the claims of posters, present or future.